Spotlight on Young Performers
Spotlight on Young Performers is designed for students who wish to focus more specifically on a higher level of dramatic studies after completing our signature Broadway Bound program. Students are guided through the rehearsal process, putting together a production, and working as an ensemble in a fully staged junior production of a Broadway musical. The semester finishes with a weekend of public performances.
For the advanced young performer – grades 4-12. By audition only.
SPOTLIGHT ON YOUNG PERFORMERS ANNOUNCE:
AUDITIONS FOR FROZEN!
Auditions will run differently this year, please read all requirements.
All initial submissions will be via video and due no later than Wednesday August 4th at noon.
Dance call and first round call backs will take place August 6th at 3pm.
REQUIREMENTS: Due by Wednesday August 4th at NOON.
- First fill out the audition form below. You must fill out all appropriate areas, including conflicts (see dates below).
- Here’s what’s different – Below you will find sides and music accompaniment for all roles in the show (Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, Hans, Oaken, Young Elsa and Young Ana). In addition to your 32 bar cut, please prepare as many of these roles as you are interested in. You can submit every role if you choose; there is no limit, gender or otherwise! However, you can be called back for roles you did not audition for.
- If you are only interested in ensemble or minor roles, your 32 bar cut is all that is needed.
- All actors who audition will be required to come to the dance call on Friday, August 6th at 3pm. We anticipate this will only take 45 minutes, and call backs will take place after.
- All submissions must be sent as an unlisted YouTube Link (this will be the only format accepted) to David Button at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 4 at Noon. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Please contact Sydney Gray (email@example.com) or the box office (302-227-2270) with any questions!
ROLES TO AUDITION FOR:
(please provide all materials to be considered – tracks, sheet music, scenes provide)
- ELSA (Scene AND Song: Let It Go)
- ANNA (Scene AND Song: Love Is An Open Door)
- OLAF (Scene AND Song: In Summer)
- KRISTOFF (Scene AND Song: Reindeer Are Better Than People)
- HANS (Scene AND Song: Love Is An Open Door)
- OAKEN (Song: Hygge)
- YOUNG ELSA (Song: Do You Want To Build A Snowman?)
- YOUNG ANNA (Song: Do You Want To Build A Snowman?)
REHEARSAL AND PERFORMANCE DATES:
Please be aware that we only have 9 Saturdays to rehearse this show, all major conflicts have to be considered when casting.
- REHEARSAL SCHEDULE (Saturdays from 11:00am to 3:00pm)
September 4, 11, 18, 25
October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- TECHNICAL REHEARSALS (Mandatory, No Exceptions)
WEDNESDAY, November 10 from 5:00pm to 9:30pm (Students arrive at 4:00pm)
THURSDAY, November 11 from 5:00pm to 9:30pm (Students arrive at 4:00pm)
- PERFORMANCES (Mandatory, No Exceptions)
FRIDAY November 12, 7:00pm (Students arrive at 5:30 pm)
SATURDAY November 13, 2:00pm and 7:00pm (Students arrive at 12:30pm) dinner will be provided between performances
SUNDAY November 14, 2:00pm (Students arrive at 12:30pm)
FORMS AND OTHER AUDITION MATERIALS