UPCOMING AUDITIONS AT CLEAR SPACE!
(all auditions will be held at Clear Space Theatre Company, 20 Baltimore Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE.)
AUDITIONS FOR: THE LITTLE MERMAID
A SPOTLIGHT ON YOUNG PERFORMERS production
Saturday August 6, 2022 at 12pm (following 11am Children’s Theatre Performance)
NEW INFORMATION as of 7/26!:
Please send an accompaniment track for your audition song (youtube karaoke link or mp3 track) to email@example.com with YOUR NAME as the subject line prior to August 6th. Please note in the body of your email where your cut begins and ends (be specific, use time stamps ie “start at :06 and ends at 1:17”). An accompanist is no longer available. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auditions are for advanced young actors – Grades 4-12.
- This is a tuition-based class.
- Prepare a 16-32 bar cut of a musical theatre song.
- Bring comfortable clothes and shoes to dance in (jazz shoes or sneakers) and expect to stay for a dance call.
All interested in auditioning for specific roles (listed below) should submit a video audition due no later than August 5 @ 11pm. This will be an OPTIONAL opportunity to prepare material from THE LITTLE MERMAID for additional consideration.
- Sides and music accompaniment for specific roles in the show (Ariel, Ursula, Sebastian, Flounder, Eric, King Tritan, Scuttle, Flotsam, Jetsam, Chef Louis) are below. Please prepare as many of these roles as you are interested in. You can submit every role if you choose; there is no limit, gender or otherwise! However, you can be called back for roles you did not audition for.
- If you are only interested in ensemble or minor roles, your 32 bar cut at the in person auditions is all that is needed.
- All submissions must be sent as an unlisted YouTube Link (this will be the only format accepted) to David Button at email@example.com by August 5 @ 11pm. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Please contact Sydney Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the box office (302-227-2270) with any questions!
THE LITTLE MERMAID (Saturdays 11:00am-3:00pm)
Rehearsals – September 3, 10, 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, November 5
Tech Rehearsals – November 5, November 9 (Wednesday 5pm-9pm), Nov 10 (Thursday 5pm-9pm)
Performances – November 11, 12, 13 (Friday night at 7pm; two performances on Saturday 2pm/7pm, Sunday 2pm)
AUDITIONS FOR CHARACTERS VIA VIDEO
This is not required unless you’d like to be considered for these roles.
Callbacks will be held SATURDAY, AUGUST 13 at Noon.
(Remember, you still come to the Actual August 6th Audition at Noon)
Click on the character below to view the related materials
Under The Sea / If Only MP3 – both are on one track