Our hallmark Arts Institute program, Broadway Bound, enriches the lives of students through the performing arts. Led by industry professionals, students rotate through classes in acting, dance, and voice, as well as group rehearsals. This class is as much about teaching life skills, including self-confidence and public speaking, as it is performing arts driven. The classes culminate in an end-of-semester presentation of several songs from different eras of musical theatre on March 28 at 5:30p.m.
Broadway Bound offers a multi-discipline approach to training. Students, grouped by age and ability level in grades 1-8, rotate through 30-minute classes in Voice, Dance and Acting, within a 2-hour class meeting one day per week.
- Vocal Technique focuses upon posture, proper breathing, matching pitch and healthy sound production.
- Dance Technique students learn proper alignment, body awareness, spatial attentiveness and locomotor patterns.
- Acting Technique introduces the fundamental principles of the craft – imagination, concentration, physicality and communication – through guided improvisational exercises.
- Performance Preparation prepares students for public performances, developing a repertoire of solo, small group and whole group musical numbers from the Broadway repertoire.
The Broadway Bound program has been operating at capacity since its inception, therefore, early registration is suggested.
- Before First Class-75% (Unless class is at capacity)
- After First Class-50%
- After Second Class-No Refund.
NEW! Click here to register online.
Click here for scholarship information.
- Time: 5 – 7pm
- Dates: Tuesdays, January 24 – March 28, 2023
- Grades 1-8
- Tuition: $275
Sponsored by M&T