“[My children] loved actually putting on a “show” that all fit together. Thanks again for a terrific theatre week and we look forward to seeing everyone next summer.”
Clear Space’s Musical Theatre Summer Camp Intensive program began in 2004 to serve students of Sussex County, Delaware. Since then, more than 2,000 students have participated in the Intensives, which exceed capacity each summer.
Get a Summertime Glow – Under the Stage Lights!
This summer, let your child experience a week full of imagination, acting, singing, and dancing – all less than a block from the beach! At our theatre in downtown Rehoboth Beach, they’ll learn like the pros!
The Musical Theatre Summer Camp Intensives (Grades 1-12)
The Musical Theatre Summer Camp Intensives returns this summer after enthusiastic responses from students and parents alike. Adapted from our long-running Summer Intensive program, each Summer Camp Intensive is designed to give students a taste of life in a professional theatre. Mimicking the rehearsal and production process of Clear Space’s own summer repertory season, students will create and perform music and dances from a popular Broadway musical in one week. In this performance-based experience, our faculty of industry professionals guides students through instruction in acting, dance and vocal technique, as well as group rehearsals. This experience full of challenging but attainable performing arts activities culminates in two free performances on the final day at 11am and Noon. There are 4 Intensives designed for different grade levels to choose from!
The Acting Summer Camp (Grades 1-12)
The Acting Summer Camp Intensive is designed to give students a more direct focus on acting technique and dramatic study. In this week-long program, students will be led through instruction in body awareness and physicality, voice, basic acting technique and working as an ensemble. The week’s studies are all focused on the creation and performance of a children’s theatre piece to be presented at two performances on the final day at 11am and Noon.
The Intensives Include:
- High-Quality, Professional Instruction by professional actors and educators from the Arts Institute faculty
- Tailored vocal arrangements and age-appropriate curriculum
- Camp T-shirt & Materials
- One student ticket to a CSTC Summer Rep performance (good for Wednesday of camp week performance), 20% ticket discount for additional family members
Musical Theatre Summer Camp Intensive
Week 1: THE LION KING (Grades 1-3) July 6 – 10
Week 2: MARY POPPINS (Grades 4-6) July 13 – July 17
Week 4: MOANA (Grades 7-12) July 27 – July 31
Week 5: FROZEN (By Audition Only) August 3 – August 7
Acting Summer Intensive
All Grades: – WEEK 3: ALICE IN WONDERLAND (Grades 1-12) July 20 – 24
*Placement is determined first, by grade, but exceptions may be made at the discretion of the CSTC directors. THE LION KING Intensive students must be at a second grade reading level or higher.
** FROZEN requires the recommendation of a current Clear Space arts instructor and an audition. Please contact the office for audition information. Participation in this program is at the discretion of the directors.
Summer Intensive FAQS:
- What is the price? – All summer intensive camps are $375 per student.
- What are the hours? – Monday through Friday 8:45am – 4:30pm
- Are meals provided? – While we cannot provide meals for campers, we ask that they come to camp with a lunch box for the entire day. We take a break for lunch, as well as multiple snack breaks during the day. Campers will not be allowed to leave Clear Space property for lunch so please pack accordingly.
- Are scholarships available for summer camps? – Yes! Our deadline for Summer Intensive scholarship applications is April 15th, so get them in!
Still have more questions?!
PLEASE CALL: 302.227.2270 for more information
THE LION KING, MARY POPPINS, MOANA, & FROZEN are presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
- Time: 8:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (All Grades)