Broadway Bound offers a multi-discipline approach to training. Students, grouped by age and ability level in grades 1-8, rotate through 30-minute classes in Voice, Dance and Acting, within a 2-hour class meeting one day per week.
- Vocal Technique focuses upon posture, proper breathing, matching pitch and healthy sound production.
- Dance Technique students learn proper alignment, body awareness, spatial attentiveness and locomotor patterns.
- Acting Technique introduces the fundamental principles of the craft – imagination, concentration, physicality and communication – through guided improvisational exercises.
- Performance Preparation prepares students for public performances, developing a repertoire of solo, small group and whole group musical numbers from the Broadway repertoire.
The classes, using the performing arts to enhance self-awareness and creativity, culminate in an end-of-semester performance. The Broadway Bound program has been operating at capacity since its inception, therefore, early registration is suggested.
“The staff presented a positive, professional introduction to the performing arts for my child, while also creating a fun-filled atmosphere.”— Cathy L.
- Time: 5-7pm
- Dates: Tuesdays, January 31 - April 11, 2017